Oh boy, is this ever delicious! If you’ve never tried anything with curry, this is what you should make because you will love it! Odds are you will have all the ingredients in your pantry, even the spices. Speaking of spices, we all now know all the great benefits spices bring to our health, so, along with our lamb, this dish is good health in a bowl.
Start by making your spice mix and mincing the veggies. Measure everything out before hand so you have it ready for this quick dish.
Ingredients ready for cooking
Here’s the recipe. I hope you will try it. (Farmer Bob just remarked that this would be perfect for our Fox Trot Farm lean kebab/stew meat!)
Fox Trot Farm Lamb Curry
- large nonstick skillet
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 8 grinds black pepper
- 1 tsp all purpose flour
- 1 pound Fox Trot Farm Lean Ground Lamb
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts sliced separately, about ⅓ cup each
- ½ stick celery, minced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and minced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, ribbed, seeded, and minced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces chicken or vegetable stock, low sodium
- Salt to taste
- Greek yogurt
- scallion greens, fresh herbs such as cilantro, mint, parsley, etc.
- Combine all the dry spices with the flour. Set aside.
- Brown the Fox Trot Farm ground lamb in a large nonstick skillet, adding no extra fat. Drain and reserve drippings.
- Return meat to pan with 2 tablespoons of the drippings. Stir in the veggies and saute till they start softening.
- Stir the spices into the meat mixture until the spices are all moist, then pour in the stock. Stir to distribute evenly.
- Uncovered, simmer the contents of the skillet for 20-30 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced and the meat is tender.
- Taste and, if desired, add salt to your liking.
- Serve over your favorite rice and top with a dollop of Greek yogurt. Scatter sliced scallion greens and fresh herbs over all.