Fox Trot Farm Lamb Sausage & Apple Stir Fry
A quick and easy seasonal recipe using our Wine & Garlic Sausage.
- 1 tsp light olive oil
- 1 pound Fox Trot Farm Wine & Garlic Sausage
- 2 large onions
- 2 large apples such as golden delicious
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chopped Cabbage Option See last step of instructions
- Add oil to a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Brown sausages on all sides; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons of fat from skillet.
- Peel and slice onion into ½" wedges. Add to skillet and sprinkle thyme, salt and pepper over the onions. Sauté and stir for a few minutes until the onions begin to soften.
- Slice sausages at an angle into ½ inch pieces and add to the onions in the skillet. Continue to sauté and stir until the sausages begin to brown on the cut sides, about 3-5 minutes.
- Core and slice the apples into wedges and add them to the skillet. (Leave the peels on to add to texture and flavor.) Sprinkle salt and pepper over. Stir until the apples are incorporated into the onion and sausage mixture, then cover the pan and allow the mixture to steam just until the apples are tender-crisp, about 3 more minutes.
- Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Cabbage option: Add chopped cabbage with the onions and proceed with recipe.