Farmer Bob's Favorite Sausage Gravy
Farmer Bob loves this easy gravy so much that he's taken over making this. It's savory and creamy and full of sausage...just perfect for topping his favorite buttermilk biscuits!
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage of your choice. We like hot sausage for this.
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Brown sausage in skillet. Drain grease and return skillet to heat.
- Stir in 1/3 cup flour till absorbed.
- Stir in hot water and simmer till starting to thicken.
- Stir in evaporated milk and simmer till desired thickness.
- Taste and add salt & pepper to your liking.
- If the gravy gets a bit too thick, just whisk in some more water
- Serve over Farmer Bob's Favorite Buttermilk Biscuits