Best Ever Lamb Bone Broth (Stock)
This bone broth/stock is so delicious hot in a mug and also makes fabulous soup. It has a luscious mouth-feel and the balance of seasoning and spices is just delightful on the tongue!
- Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot
- 2-3 pounds Fox Trot Farm Lamb Bones
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onions cut into wedges
- 3 ribs celery broken into thirds
- 3 medium carrots broken into thirds
- 3 cloves garlic halved
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 tsp dry
- 1-3 gallons water
- Salt to taste
- Sauté vegetables and herbs for a few minutes till hot.
- Add bones to pot and cover with water to max fill line in PC or IP. (Bones may be above the max fill line, but water should be just to the line.
- Set to high pressure for 1 hour and then allow pressure to drop naturally.
- Remove bones from broth and strain liquid.
- Freeze in quart bags or can in a pressure canner, pints for 20 minutes and quarts for 25 minutes at 10 pounds pressure. (National Center for Home Food Preservation)
***If you would like a darker stock, toss the bones and veggies with some olive oil, spread on a sheet pan and roast in the oven at 375º, uncovered, till browned to your liking. Scrape all into the IP or PC and proceed with recipe.