Farmer Bob’s Favorite Buttermilk Biscuits
Light and fluffy biscuits with a buttery, golden crust. Perfect every time!
- Sheet pan or cookie sheet, parchment paper or silicone sheet, biscuit cutter, rolling pin
- 2 cups White Lily Self Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, grated
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cold buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 475°. Line sheet pan with parchment paper or silicone sheet.
- Shred chilled butter into the flour in a bowl. Stir till butter shreds are coated with flour.
- Stir buttermilk into flour/butter mixture till all the flour is moistened and mixture comes together.
- Scrape out of bowl onto lightly floured counter. Knead very lightly, just a few times, and pat into a ball then flatten to a disk with your fingers. Roll with a flour-dusted rolling pin till about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter, pushing straight down and dusting the cutter in between cuts so it won’t stick to the dough. As you cut, move each biscuit to your lined sheet pan, and place so the sides don’t touch each other.
- Brush liberally with half of the melted butter and bake for 10-12 minutes until they are tall and golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Brush again with the remainder of melted butter and keep warm in a towel lined basket.
- Serve with Farmer Bob’s Favorite Sausage Gravy.