***We currently have all varieties of cuts of meat in stock.***
We’re at the Matthews Community Farmers’ Market Saturday Mornings from 9-Noon! Call, email, or text to pre-order and we’ll have it ready for you. DebbieBinSC@gmail.com.
Fox Trot Farm Market Hours: Just give us a call, 803-804-3541 or subscribe here for our monthly public farm day announcements.
Lamb is Lean – On average, a three ounce serving of lamb has only 175 calories and meets the FDA definition for lean. According to FDA guidelines, lean meat has less than 10 grams of fat, less than 4.5 grams of saturated fat, and less than 95 milligrams of cholesterol per 100 grams or 3.5 oz. It is also an excellent source of protein, vitamins B12, niacin, zinc, and selenium and a good source of iron and riboflavin. So if health is important to you, this is the meat for you.
Lamb Cuts: Fox Trot Farm lambs are pasture-raised in the fresh air and sunshine of the rolling hills of Lancaster County, South Carolina. They are from a small flock of a breed of sheep that is specially bred to produce lean, mild, tender, and juicy meat. Fox Trot Farm is registered and inspected by the state of South Carolina and the meat is inspected by the United States Department of Agriculture for public sales from our farm and to restaurants and markets. Please call or email for availability before you come to buy. 803-804-3541; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lamb Loin Chops ($17.99/lb.) Fox Trot Farm Lamb Loin Chops are lean, tender, and delicious! See our recipe HERE and do a search on our blog for more recipes.
- Rack of Lamb ($21.99/lb.) A Fox Trot Farm Rack of Lamb consists of 8 rib chops together, and these are “Frenched,” which means that extra care has been taken to trim the ribs for the best presentation. Pan sear and roast as a whole rack or slice between the ribs to create lamb “lollipops.” Either way, you can’t go wrong with our tender rack of lamb! You’ll find our favorite recipe HERE.
- Lamb Kabob (or stew) Meat ($11.99/lb.) This Fox Trot Farm Lamb Kabob Meat is delicious bite size morsels cut from the tender shoulder and leg roasts. GREAT for kabobs! Just marinate, skewer and grill to medium rare. Also use for delicious Irish stew, Latin Barbacoa (barbecue), tacos, curries, and more.
- Leg of Lamb ($10.99/lb.) Fox Trot Farm Leg of Lamb is lean and meaty and trimmed of the shank, so all you get is the meatiest part of the roast. Braising with the bone-in results in lots of flavor and tender juiciness, or debone, butterfly, marinate and grill as you would a steak.
- Lamb Shank ($10.99/lb.) Lean and meaty and full of flavor! Roast them low and slow. (See our favorite recipe HERE or search our blog for more recipes!)
- Ground Lamb ($7.99/lb.) Our lean and juicy ground lamb is just waiting for you to use in any of your ground beef and pork recipes. Make meatballs or burgers, stroganoff or goulash….you are limited only by your imagination! See one of our favorite recipes HERE or search our blog for more recipes!
- White Wine & Garlic Sausage ($8.99/lb.) Oh my! Bursting with flavor, these sausages are shaped like brats but that’s where the similarity ends. Our lean lamb is mixed with some pork fat for texture, and wine, garlic and spices for bright flavor. Our sausages are delicious simmered in tomato sauce for topping pasta, browned in a skillet and served with hearty potatoes, grilled and served in crusty buns topped with your favorite toppings, well, our customers can’t say enough good things about them! Each package weighs about a pound and has 5 plump sausages.
- Meaty Soup Bones and Ribs ($3.99/lb.) Toss these in a big bowl with onions, carrots, and celery, all drizzled with olive oil. Spread the meaty bones and veggies out on a foil covered rimmed sheet pan and roast at 375 degrees till everything browns, then simmer in a pot of water (just to cover) for several hours to get all the yummy flavor from everything. Strain the solids out, season to taste with salt and pepper, and you have a wonderful pot of stock for soups and stews. Great for making bone broth!
- Offal ($2.99/lb.) Our offal includes kidneys, liver, heart, and testicles.
Call, text, or email for availability: 803-804-3541; DebbieBinSC@gmail.com