Here’s a very quick and easy AND super-delicious seasonal meal to throw together using our Fox Trot Farm wine & garlic lamb sausage, just perfect for a busy night!
Fox Trot Farm Lamb Sausage & Apple Stir-Fry
(Quick & Easy!) Serves 4
1 tsp. light olive or vegetable oil
1 pound Fox Trot Farm White Wine & Fennel lamb sausage
2 large onions
2 large apples (firm variety such as golden delicious)
¼ tsp. dried thyme
Salt & pepper
1. Add oil to a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
2. Brown sausages on all sides; remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Peel and slice onion into ½” wedges. Add to skillet and sprinkle thyme, salt and pepper over the onions. Sauté and stir for a few minutes until the onions begin to soften.
4. Slice sausages at an angle into ½” pieces and add to the onions in the skillet. Continue to sauté and stir until the sausages begin to brown on the cut sides, about 3-5 minutes.
5. Core and slice the apples into wedges and add them to the skillet. (Leave peels on to add to texture and flavor.) Sprinkle salt and pepper over. Stir until the apples are incorporated into the onion and sausage, then cover the pan and allow the mixture to steam just until the apples are tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
6. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper if needed.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Our Fox Trot Farm sausage is bratwurst-size and you can use this in so many delicious recipes. We hope you enjoy this one. You can purchase our white wine & garlic lamb sausage for $8.99/pound here at the farm at 5066 Rowell RD, Lancaster or at the Waxhaw Farmers Market on Saturday mornings from 9-Noon until we sell out. Call me at 803-804-3541 to check for availability, to place an order, or to arrange for pickup.