***Freshly processed lamb cuts are now in stock! See below for available cuts and pricing.***
Farm Market Hours: Sundays from 1:00-5:00 p.m. and other days by appointment. Call 803-804-3541 and we’ll make sure we’re here when you can come.
Lamb is Lean – On average, a three ounce serving of lamb has only 175 calories and meets the FDA definition for lean. According to FDA guidelines, lean meat has less than 10 grams of fat, less than 4.5 grams of saturated fat, and less than 95 milligrams of cholesterol per 100 grams or 3.5 oz. It is also an excellent source of protein, vitamins B12, niacin, zinc, and selenium and a good source of iron and riboflavin. So if health is important to you, this is the meat for you.
Lamb Cuts: Fox Trot Farm lambs are pasture-raised in the fresh air and sunshine of the rolling hills of Lancaster County, South Carolina. They are from a small flock of a breed of sheep that is specially bred to produce lean, mild, tender, and juicy meat. Fox Trot Farm is registered and inspected by the state of South Carolina and the meat is inspected by the United States Department of Agriculture for public sales from our farm and to restaurants and markets. Please call or email for availability before you come to buy. 803-804-3541; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lamb Loin Chops ($15/lb.): Fox Trot Farm Lamb Loin Chops are lean, tender, and delicious! See our recipe HERE.
- Rack of Lamb ($18/lb.): A Fox Trot Farm Rack of Lamb consists of 8 rib chops together, and these are “Frenched,” which means that extra care has been taken to trim the ribs for the best presentation. Pan sear and roast as a whole rack or slice between the ribs to create lamb “lollipops.” Either way, you can’t go wrong with our tender rack of lamb! You’ll find our favorite recipe HERE.
- Lamb Stew Meat ($9/lb.): This Fox Trot Farm Lamb Stew Meat is delicious bite size morsels cut from the shoulder roasts and other lean and meaty areas. Use our stew meat for delicious Irish stew, Latin Barbacoa (barbecue), tacos, and more. Treat this cut as you would beef stew meat…braise low and slow for a delicious and flavorful meal.
- Leg of Lamb ($9/lb.): Fox Trot Farm Leg of Lamb is lean and meaty and trimmed of the shank, so all you get is the meatiest part of the roast. Braising with the bone-in results in lots of flavor and tender juiciness!
- Lamb Shank ($9/lb.): Lean and meaty and full of flavor! Roast them low and slow. (See our favorite recipe HERE!)
- Ground Lamb ($10/lb.): Our lean and juicy ground lamb is just waiting for you to use in any of your ground beef and pork recipes. Make meatballs or burgers, stroganoff or goulash….you are limited only by your imagination! See one of our favorite recipes HERE!
- Meaty Soup Bones ($1/lb.): Toss these in a big bowl with onions, carrots, and celery, all drizzled with olive oil. Spread the meaty bones and veggies out on a foil covered rimmed sheet pan and roast at 375 degrees till everything browns, then simmer in a pot of water (just to cover) for several hours to get all the yummy flavor from everything. Strain the solids out, season to taste with salt and pepper, and you have a wonderful pot of stock for soups and stews.
Call, text, or email for availability: 803-804-3541; email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org